Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sarah update

2/4/07

Hi Everyone!!

Jerry arrived in Johnstown safely yesterday...only about 15 minutes behind schedule!! He really enjoyed the train ride home. He hated to leave us... he was very choked up leaving Sarah yesterday (I'd like to think me, too... but... you know...) but he knew a little brown eyed girl was waiting for him at the other end of the train tracks!!! Lily is very happy that her Daddy is home!

Sarah had a great day Friday at therapy! She was taking steps with immobilizers on her little legs, and with the thera-suit on. She actually went pretty far! She stopped dead for a few minutes and wouldn't budge. So I got Lily on the cell and put her on speaker phone. She coaxed Sarah over to the phone... It was the sweetest thing EVER. She kept going "Come to Sissie, little one... I know you can do it..." Sarah heard her and immediately started taking steps again!!! It was so sweet! It was a very slow walk, but so great to watch. I brought the leg and arm immobilizers back to the house with us for the weekend and we did some exercises here yesterday and today. I'll be glad to get back to therapy tomorrow morning! I don't know that Sarah will, but you know....

We had a great Sunday!! For a while there, I thought I'd have to attend Synagogue, but I finally sought out a Methodist Church about 10 minutes away from here in a little town called Floral Park. It felt just like home!! The pastor and people there were wonderful. They ask for visitors to make themselves known and the pastor looked directly at me and smiled, so (you know me...being so shy and all) I told them who we were and why we were there in NY. After that, he said the most wonderful prayer, concentrating mostly on Sarah and I and asked for healing for her. It was very touching. The choir sang this anthem which just made me bawl my eyes out... it was like God knew I was going to be there this morning. We went up for communion and the pastor put his hand on Sarah's head and said another prayer for her... it was awesome. THEN... after the service, we were attacked by half of the congregation!! One guy gave me his # to call if we needed anything... another lady knew someone whose child went to therapies 4 kids... one lady was from Somerset, PA!!... and then they made us go back to the parlor for refreshements and this other lady came over and handed me the ALTAR FLOWERS!!!!!! Talk about feeling welcome!!! Leave it to the UMW!!

Then we went to Roosevelt Mall which is only about 15 -20 minutes away. It makes the Galleria look like the Westwood Plaza. Amazing!! We mostly just walked around, but it was nice to be able to walk!! It's cold up here, but I hear it's even COLDER in Johnstown!! Keep warm and don't FREEZE up on us before we get home!!

Well, that's about it for now. Thanks for continuing to pray for us! We love you all!!

Love,
Lori

P.S. Here are some of the words from the song the choir sang (the director gave me a copy...but skipped a few pages... oh well...) It's BEAUTIFUL!!

Though the road you take is winding and long, and around each bend you face the unknown, just have faith and trust in the Lord. He'll lead you home. Stand at the crossroads and look to the Lord. Stand at the crossroads and call out His name. Trust in His holy word and walk in the light and there will be peace, peace in your soul.

P.P.S. My Park Avenue friends will appreciate this one.... If it's your Birthday at Floral Park UMC, not only do they sing... they make you go STAND UP FRONT and the Pastor says a special prayer for you!!! Hee hee hee!!! So much for hiding under the pew!!! My mother would die!

LOVE YOU!!!

:-)

No comments: