Yesterday was a roller coaster of a day. D is to start her senior year of high school tomorrow, and yet, we still don't know where she is. I had sent an email updating people with her senior picture to coworkers and close local friends. A few of the people posted her picture and one lady that knows D said that her daughter was just with her a few days earlier. I tried to call the daughter, but she didn't answer the phone, nor called back.
Then one of my customers came in and I told him. He asked around and called and said although he doesn't know exactly where she is, he was able to find out that she still is in town and is OK. I about fainted that an adult actually found out and could tell me something positive. I need to speak to him and see what else I can find out.
Last night was a phone call to a co-worker who lives in the area of the males (sorry, can't call them men and you really don't want me to put what I'd like to call them). Here she & another co-worker know the families. The kicker: the guy that I saw the other day who could not look me in the face, who took D to the prom, told her that he only met her ONCE! I know, deep in my heart, that he's involved. When she told me that, I about flipped. I sent her the prom picture. He had told me that he spoke to her last week, he told her friend it's been at least 2 weeks, now he's only met her once?
Her picture was on our noon and 6:00 news yesterday. I only wish that it would have been on at 11 and now the morning newscasts. I'm confident that someone can and will give something more solid. I just want to hear her voice myself, to know that she's OK and "there" on her own free will.
To those of you that are parents... please be careful of online things such as Myspace and IM's. D is an honor student - could have wrote her own ticket to any college or service. Instead, she's met the wrong people and now is running and trying to find herself, I guess. I tried to "keep an eye" on her computer usage, but over the past few months, she was on doing schoolwork, looking for colleges and scholarships. Unfortunately, she was drawn to "gangsta wannabes" and has probably ruined her chances for college next year.
On to another thing...M's first day of school is today! She's starting kindergarten today. She's upset though, that after school, she has to go to daycare and take a nap..."I don't want to take a nap - I'm getting WAY too big for that sort of thing"!
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
E that sounds so promising! I really hope you find her soon!!! Please email me if you need to talk. I'd email you but I lost all my email addy's when I lost my computer due to lightening damage. Anyway still praying she's home quickly and can find herself and get back on track.
Erica, that sounds so promising, I hope you have her located soon!! Continued prayers for all of you.
I hope M's first day goes well!
Erica, I hope that with the media coverage and e-mail correspondence someone will give you her whereabouts and you can bring her home safe! Praying for you.
Erica, it sounds like you are on the verge of finding her. You continue in my prayers...
much love...
Post a Comment