Thursday, July 06, 2006

Can things be looking up?

Boy, which child should I start off on? It seems a new month has brought new children to my house! (Knocking on wood now, so not to jinx it!)

DS, who as I've said in the past, hasn't bit anyone in a few days!! That's been great, as I was hating walking into daycare and getting greeted with "We have a paper for you to sign"... you know that's never a good thing! He's only threw one major tantrum too, and that was last night when it was time to come inside - he wanted to stay out and play with his "big tactor", which is really a Pooh firetruck. Any heavy machinery is also a "big tactor". Yep, he's a boy through and through.

DD2 has now been on her medicine 7 days and there seems to be a difference already! Yesterday, she won Most Improved at ADHD camp and for the last two nights, she slept ALL NIGHT! It's wonderful getting an entire nights sleep, although I could have used a few more hours it seemed. She also was at 80% for answering questions yesterday (they do it to work on the attention) and just last week, she couldn't answer any. I'm so excited! We were working on math problems last night and she was right on the button! I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

DD1 starts a new job this morning. I'm hoping things work out for her! She brought a guy home to meet us (they had gone to the same daycare when they were 3-4 years old) which is something that she would never do. She told me the other day that her "best" friend's parents no longer like her. I really think this girl is a female version of Eddie Haskel and I have no use for her. DD was at the mall with her and one of them are lying in the fact that DD said she was with her the entire time, BF said that she was at work until 6. Funny part is that we went past BF's house and her car was there way before 6 (more like 5:30 - 5:40) and the mall is 20 minutes away. We were blaming DD, but think that BF isn't up to any good. Her sister was drunk and laying on the sidewalk on the 4th... but the parents feel that their children are angels and not do anything like that. DD didn't sneak around until she met up with this friend. I think she's slowly seeing another side to her and hopefully, will break off the friendship come fall. As of right now, she will be doing a dual enrollment to both high school and the local community college. I'm so proud of her!

Hopefully all are recovered from the 4th! We spent the day with family at the family cottage/fishing camp. There's no running water, but it does have electric (very rustic conditions) but the kids loved it. We played in the river and were catching tadpoles, that now are in my pond. DD2 wants to know when we can go back and even DD1 smiled a few times along the way! DS was way too brave and wanted to just go out to the middle of the river and throw rocks. I see swimming lessons in that boy's future.

Well, work awaits. I just want to win the Powerball or something! I'd rather do this all day!! Have a good one!

No comments: