Since my blog is entitled "A Mother's Thoughts", I figured I'd just ramble a bit about some things just floating around in that gray mass called a brain. I haven't had any coffee yet this am, so please bear with me.
Have you ever wondered when in some people the "Is it ever going to sink in" and "Will you ever get it" genes never seem to engage? So often in my daily activities, someone, somewhere just seems to need slapped along side the head - either to knock some sense into them or just to make yourself feel better. A major case in point - a man who "claims" he was just shooting at chipmunks, but instead was shooting towards a soccer field filled with kids Soccer Shooting . I know the person who's son was shot and if you'd like, you can do a search on that site for related articles. I was at a scrap last night where some of the mom's were either there or should have been. Besides the mass chaos, we were talking about the guy. Why at 5 pm are you out shooting at chipmunks? He claimed he didn't know that there were kids there. Hmm, it was a Saturday. There were 100's of kids there - it was a tournament. There were air horns blasting. People cheering. A coach went flying up to the house and punched him. He was charged with assault. The guy that did the shooting was arrested and released on bail BUT the police left him go back to his home WITH all of his firearms still there. I'm not sure who needs smacked more on this one.
Why in grocery or in restaurants things are marked "fresh"? Are they really going to mark "Fish that are a few days old" or "Hmm, not sure if this is any good but still buy me Cut Fruit" or "Rancid Meat"?
Why do little boys like running around naked and urinating off porches? This seems to be W's newest fascination. It's helping with potty training, but I can only think of what the neighbor's think. Guess I shouldn't worry since the one's that would be able to see are vampires. You never see them during the day. No, they don't work either (I read your mind). A friend of mine that lived in the duplex said that starting around 9 and going to all hours in the morning, you could hear the TV or them talking or doing such things as running the sweeper. Talk about insomnia!
Teenagers. Need I say anything more? I know I don't, but of course I will. When does the brain engage? D has been trying to play the game with me but I keep catching her point blank. It's little things like "I put the kids clothes away"... yeah, on my bed! Her response? "Oh, I didn't know what draw was which." Sorry, the kids drawers has labels with their name and what goes in that drawer. And just in case someone couldn't read - I put pictures... and also color coded them. DUH!
So called "Coworkers" who are co in the only sense that they are employed at the same place. Two of these people who have a ton more time than me are just getting on my nerves. How do you do this? Should I do that? They were sent to enhanced training, as the system we have has had updates along the way. I told my boss that I did not want to go first, that I wanted both of these people to go first (I didn't want 20 questions from them). I had my training this week. MAN, am I going to be busting some chops along the way! I know what was taught and man, I'm not doing anything else for them. They wanna play dumb? Fine, but heck, so am I!
So, what gets your goat?
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment