and all it's excitement. We're to go to an amusement park with family and friends, so I'm hoping for a rain free day (forecast though is a 50% chance of rain... think it's the weather guys way of covering his backside).Things here have also changed with the new month. DD1 has found a new job. She has orientation today. She didn't tell them about the last incident. Hopefully she learned her lesson from that. I'm torn between making her tell them and keeping quite about it. She's also taking her medications for the most part (just counted the pills and she missed 2 from the last week, which isn't good, but still better than not taking any of them at all. Last night she bought and made supper (very yummy btw, but didn't help my diet at all!). I'm still fighting with her though on things like laundry (that you can't leave things wet in the washer as they'll fade and you need to fold things out of the dryer right away) and not being on the phone late (DH caught her on the other night after we had gone up to bed. He came back down for something and she was on).
On the DD2 part, we started her on Strattera yesterday. Her actions from summer camp haven't been improving (she isn't getting any better, but she's starting to whine and misbehave more). She's also acting out more at home - yelling, swinging at us, not sleeping. It's really trying at times. On the positive note from school though, she is whizzing through her homework. They've been practicing math with her and she's doing her adding, subtraction and clock time perfectly. When we quiz her, she acts like we're crazy! I have a feeling that she's going to be extremely bright if we can "harness" that extra energy she has. I really didn't want to medicate her, but at the same time, how can I justify not helping her? Perhaps medication is what she needs and can now excell and be the little girl that's hidden in her body. Last night she had an episode that first had a MASSIVE tantrum and then afterwards, she just sat and cried and asked "Someone help me" over and over, but wouldn't let anyone near her. It was heartbreaking.
And to DS - and the terrible two's! His favorite word for the moment is "NO!" and his favorite action is biting when he can't get his way. He bit his teacher yesterday when she tried to stop him from biting another child. We've done the time out, explaining you don't bite anything but food and once I "bit" him back - only for him to giggle. I'm at my wits end on how to stop that action, as he has a VERY strong bite and has left marks and once broke the skin of a schoolmate!
Things in general have been very stressful for me lately, between everything here, work and organizations I'm in. There's just a ton on my plate right now. I want to thank all of you who have been sending hugs and prayers! Beleive me, I do appriciate them! Today I had to break down and take some Motrin as my fibromyalgia is acting up and I'm so stiff and sore. I had to throw someone out yesterday at work, after trying to explain that I couldn't do what they wanted me to do and they kept arguing with me. The thing that upset me most is they started calling me a racist (um, I'm biracial myself - so what part is racist?) and that I didn't know anything about disabilities (my adopted parents had numerous medical problems, but both were the type to not let that limit them) and I knew nothing about mental problems (I flipped out on that one and started raising my voice - I think with two daughters going through what they are and the fact that my birth mother that I was close with had to have part of her brain removed and went from a very intellegent woman with a very good job to a person that couldn't be left alone for fear she would catch her apartment on fire by letting a stove on and having to set her clothes out to be sure she was dressed) that I might know a thing or two about mental health! I so dislike people who try to use that as a trump card when they don't get things their way! It ruins it for the people that actually are being targeted by someone that is being a racist or that are disabled and can't get help because of people abusing the system (like the one's I had yesterday).
I'm going to get off my soapbox now, as this is one issue that I could go on and on about. To any of you traveling this weekend, have a great trip. To all - have a safe and wonderful holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment