Friday, September 15, 2006

Doctor's appointment update

D had her dr. appointment update on Weds. Her bloodwork was fine except that her good cholesterol was a bit low. That was a relief. They increased her medication by double to see if that would help at all, as she doesn't feel any difference.

Last night was a hard on for me. She started to tell me what went on when she left. How she got to Maryland. Ends up that someone came and told her the police were going to come and get her and so someone drove her to Pittsburgh at 4 in the morning. They get there and drop her off downtown around 6 am. She has $3 in her pocket and was hungry and goes to a fast food place and I assume was crying. A young guy comes over and asks if he can help her. She asks if she can use his cell phone to call her friend in MD. She does and afterwards he asks her what else he can do, so he buys her a ticket to get there. Well, long story short, she has kept in contact with this guy. She told me that once she turns 18, she's planning on moving down there, as he promised to get her a job where he works. "They'll help me with college too". I'm sick. He's to be really nice and polite, but my God, doesn't she learn from past mistakes at all? I don't even feel like talking to her, nor trying to help her any more. I honestly thought I was having a heart attack last night - to the point DH wanted to take me to the ER. I'm seriously getting to the breaking point I think.

No comments: