Friday, September 01, 2006

The latest

Here is a picture of my daughter. I still have not received a return call. Her one "friend" (how I hate using that term) called and left a message saying she's now in Pittsburgh. He's told three different people three different things about the last he saw D, so I honestly can say I don't know if I believe him, or if they're trying to throw me off track. I have some ramblings to post now:
  • I've been asked, "Why did she leave?" Well, it was called my DH & I were being responsible parents. We didn't leave her run all hours of the night, her curfew was 11pm. She has a junior drivers license and has to be in by that time anyways. She also had a phone curfew of 10pm, due to these characters calling at midnight, 1, 2 and once even 4 in the morning. I can't help it they don't have jobs and sleep the day away.
  • I've been told she's telling people that we threw her out. No, we told her that she had the choice of this being her best year (her senior year of high school) or longest 3 months (back in July). We told her she can either live by the rules of the house or when she was 18, she could move out. If she chose the later though, there would be no help for college, rent, and there wouldn't be a revolving door. She was to have taken 2 AP courses at the high school & 2 at the community college. She wanted to take enough classes so she could go to college as a sophomore. We did college visits this summer and was in the middle of filling out ROTC scholarship forms when she decided that she needed to leave in the middle of the night.
  • She's saying she doesn't want to go to the detention home. First of all, the last time she was in the shelter part. Still very depressing, but nothing like the actual DH. She should have thought of that before she left. Ideally, she would turn herself in and admit herself for counseling. She left a note and inside she said she needs help - but we all know that running isn't the help that she needs.
  • How am I holding up? I'm better than I was last week at this time. I've been having fewer breakdowns, but I honestly don't know what I'll be like when we find her. I'm feeding off a bit of anger and knowing that so many are praying for her safety and are on the lookout for her. I want to thank everyone for their emails. Speaking of which, I've created a mailbox if you want to email, if anyone sees her... finddani@gmail.com.
  • What will I do when I find her? First give her a huge hug and kiss, then fight the overwhelming urge to kick her in the behind! I'm hoping that she will agree to go for a treatment program.

Thank you all again for everything. No matter where you are in the country, please keep your eyes and ears open. From her meeting people on myspace, she technically could be anywhere.

No comments: