Monday, October 02, 2006

It's been awhile

Sorry to all my faithful followers that keep checking to see if I updated lately. As you see, I haven't. I had a bit too much on my plate at the time. Things were doing a roller coaster thing, and I just needed some time to try to figure things out.

As of yesterday (Sunday), D is gone. I'm not sure if she's coming back, nor am I sure if I even want her to. She's in Pittsburgh, at the home of the "wonderful guy" that fed her and gave her a bus ticket for her last jaunt. He was so "wonderful", that when he and some other guy picked her up, they left her put her things in the van. It started on Saturday, when DH found used condoms in the garbage. Yep, you read the correctly. And she claims that she "doesn't know" who it was. Watch out everyone - you might have mysterious people just dropping by to leave little "presents" in your garbage. Then we got the phone bill, with a ton of long distance calls. Then yesterday (which was DH & my anniversary) she sneaks my cell phone to call Mr Wonderful and erases the call off so that I wouldn't know... but ah, he called back on my number. I told her that I had enough. I can not continue playing this game with her. On Friday, she was wonderful - her old self. We all went to Applebee's (which was FABULOUS) and had a great time. She asked if I would by her new shoes for homecoming. If we wouldn't have run out of time, I would have. I'm so glad that we ran out of time though. So did she. She turns 18 in 10 days.

Happy Birthday - I hope you have a wonderful life. If by chance she sees this, be sure to send your license back to the state... you have no car insurance. Go to the local welfare office so that you can apply for medical insurance, as you'll be off mine in a few days. Oh, since you aren't here, find out when the area that you are in will be having a GED test since you haven't graduated. Oh, and don't worry about your siblings - no wait - half siblings. They'll be fine without you. I'm glad that being 18 opened your eyes to your surroundings and that you see how much greener the grass is on the other side of the fence.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

E, my heart breaks for you! You've been through so much lately. Many prayers for you and your family and D.

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, she's too young to know that she isn't nearly as smart as she thinks she is. Right now she thinks she is immortal, carefree, and infalable. In reality, she is careless and will either wake up pregnant, on drugs or a prostitute. There's no turning back once that happens.

E, take care of your children who want your love and care. This one will come back to you after she's done being the smart ass 17 year old that she is.

Oh and E, take care of you. Now that you have one less person in the house, take over her room and make yourself a nice spa room!

~Erica said...

Although M has already laid claim to the room, it would have been really nice as a scrapping room! Maybe now the little ones will keep the toys upstairs... ha ha!!